Some Back Story
The current owners claimed this land and have created the world they are offering now. There is no work to be done.
The road, electricty, bore fed dam, landscaped garden, spacious shedding and architecturally designed home make a very complete package. For someone from the city, all the hard work has been done by people who had lived in the city and chose to bring their style to the country. They learned by the experience of another property that it is important to be able to access all of your land and to be sheltered from the elements. So, when they chose this land, they did not choose it because of the views. Rather, they chose to create their own views, as well as a world that suited their style.
This property has been much loved. Those who come are reluctant to leave again. It is a very special part of the Central Goldfields region.
About the Region
1. Sacrifice nothing in this region. Sandon lies on the Creswick Ballarat Road, just fifteen minutes from Castlemaine. You’ll love the peace and tranquility of the land here but will not have to sacrifice all those benefits of regional and city living. The Dig Cafe in Newstead is a part of the vibrant regional café and restaurant scene. You can enjoy cake and coffee, or long relaxed lunches with friends at numerous eateries in Castlemaine, Daylesford and Maldon. You can also experience the culture and history of this old goldfields area. Engage in the State Arts Festival. Visit local gardens for inspiration or simply head out and sit on your land, where birdwatchers have long observed the prolific bird life of this region.
2. Easily located in Central Victoria, the region is less than 90 minutes northwest of Melbourne and is served by a reliable, efficient, V/Line VLocity train service. Professionals have, for example, identified that they can enjoy a ‘tree change,’ without losing access to professional networks, meetings, social events and professional development opportunities. 18 trains service Melbourne each day, and the fare includes free zone 1& 2 travel and alleviates any need to find parking for the car.
3. Castlemaine has a rich history that harks back to the gold rushes of the 1800s. You’ll love waking up here every day to country sounds. You’ll feel part of the rich tapestry of the past that can be experienced here.
4. In this region, you will have access to all the best amenities and professionals, as well as excellent government services, communications and transport infrastructure. You’ve got the best of everything right here, so you won’t have to give up your city comforts.
5. There is support here from womb to tomb. Castlemaine Health and cooperating service meet the requirements of all age groups.
6. Whatever your fields of interest, you will find kindred spirits in one or more of the numerous clubs and activity groups.